iStent inject® W
iStent inject® W – Two Injectable Stents. One Incredible Game-changer.
iStent inject® W is indicated for use in conjunction with cataract surgery for the reduction of IOP in adult patients with mild-to-moderate primary open-angle glaucoma. Key advantages to using the Glaukos trabecular micro-bypass device during cataract surgery include:
- Optimized Outflow: Two multi-directional stents designed to restore natural outflow
- Clinically Proven: Significant IOP reduction across a wide range of clinical studies1-2
- Procedural Elegance: Predictability and precision to meet the needs of your practice
- Proven Safety: Safety profile similar to cataract surgery alone1
All with the exceptional customer support you’ve come to expect from Glaukos.
- Samuelson TW, Sarkisian SR, Lubeck DM, et al. Prospective, randomized, controlled pivotal trial of an ab interno implanted trabecular micro-bypass in primary open-angle glaucoma and cataract. Ophthalmology. Jun 2019;126(6):811-821.
- Hengerer FH, Auffarth GU, Riffel C, Conrad-Hengerer I. Prospective, non-randomized, 36-month study of second-generation trabecular micro-bypass stents with phacoemulsification in eyes with various types of glaucoma. Ophthalmol Ther. 2018 Dec;7(2):405-415.
Mechanism of Action: Restoring the Natural Outflow Pathway
iStent inject® W creates two patent bypass pathways through the trabecular meshwork—the main source of resistance for aqueous outflow—resulting in multi-directional flow through Schlemm’s canal. And it is one of the smallest medical devices known to be implanted in the human body. Together, these unique advantages are designed to provide exceptional results in a truly micro-invasive approach.
Glaukos trabecular micro-bypass stents are placed two to three clock hours apart. The stents are multi-directional and together, they are designed to deliver access to multiple collector channels and arcs of flow that can span five to six clock hours. The stents may also re-establish flow in previously dormant outflow channels.1
Prioritizing Safety and Outcomes
Putting the primary emphasis on maximizing benefits and minimizing long-term complications, iStent inject® W is designed to support optimal outcomes after cataract surgery and much more:
- Micro-invasive and astigmatically-neutral
- Utilizes the conventional outflow pathway
- Leaves natural anatomy intact, preserving the potential for future treatment options, including drug delivery devices
- Minimally traumatic to delicate eye tissue and spares conjunctival tissue
- Reduces risk of hypotony by utilizing the natural episcleral venous pressure
- Offers postoperative care profile similar to cataract surgery
Watch How it Works
Exceptional Elegance. Advanced Innovation.
The iStent inject® W System is engineered to provide an enhanced surgical experience and ensure confident delivery, for every procedure. With a streamlined injector system and next-generation stent design, featuring a wide flange at its base, iStent inject® W is designed to optimize stent visualization and placement, enhance procedural predictability, and increase peace of mind.
- Data on file, Glaukos Corporation.
Request the iStent inject® W posters presented at ARVO 2021
Five posters presented at ARVO 2021 highlight the efficacy and safety of the iStent platform as compared to other procedures.Request Clinical Information