Two Injectable Stents. One Incredible Game-changer.
iStent inject® is indicated for use in conjunction with cataract surgery for the reduction of IOP in adult patients with mild-to-moderate primary open-angle glaucoma. Key advantages to using the device during cataract surgery include:
- Optimized Outflow: Two multi-directional stents designed to restore natural outflow
- Clinically Proven: Significant IOP reduction across a wide range of clinical studies1-2
- Procedural Elegance: Predictability and precision to meet the needs of your practice
- Proven Safety: Safety profile similar to cataract surgery alone1
All with the exceptional customer support you’ve come to expect from Glaukos.
Mechanism of Action: Restoring the Natural Outflow Pathway
iStent inject® creates two patent bypass pathways through the trabecular meshwork—the main source of resistance for aqueous outflow—resulting in multi-directional flow through Schlemm’s canal. And it is the smallest medical device known to be implanted in the human body. Together, these unique advantages are designed to provide exceptional results in a truly micro-invasive approach.
With iStent inject®, two multi-directional stents are placed two to three clock hours apart. Together, they are designed to deliver access to multiple collector channels and arcs of flow that can span five to six clock hours. iStent inject® may also re-establish flow in previously dormant outflow channels.3
Prioritizing Safety and Outcomes
Putting the primary emphasis on maximizing benefits and minimizing long-term complications, iStent inject® is designed to support optimal outcomes after cataract surgery. In both the US pivotal study and worldwide commercial use, iStent inject® is proven to have an excellent safety profile, comparable to cataract surgery alone. It also offers much more:
- Micro-invasive and astigmatically-neutral
- Utilizes the conventional outflow pathway
- Leaves natural anatomy intact, preserving the potential for future treatment options, including drug delivery devices
- Minimally traumatic to delicate eye tissue and spares conjunctival tissue
- Reduces risk of hypotony by utilizing the natural episcleral venous pressure
- Offers postoperative care profile similar to cataract surgery
Watch How It Works
Exceptional Elegance. Advanced Innovation.
The iStent inject® System is engineered to provide an enhanced surgical experience and ensure confident delivery, for every procedure. From the proprietary stent design to the streamlined injector system, iStent inject® was designed to be straightforward in use, precise in placement, and predictable in performance.
- iStent inject® Trabecular Micro-Bypass System: Directions for Use, Part # 45-0176.
- Hengerer FH. Personal Experience with Second-Generation Trabecular Micro-Bypass Stents in Combination with Cataract Surgery in Patients with Glaucoma: 3-Year Follow-up. ASCRS 2018 Presentation.
- Data on file, Glaukos Corporation.
Looking for more information on iStent inject®?
We’re here to answer questions and provide any additional information you may need.Contact Us