World Keratoconus Day
Join Glaukos in Celebrating World Keratoconus Day on Tuesday, November 10th!
In honor of World KC Day, Glaukos has partnered with the National Keratoconus Foundation to launch a video series titled “KC Perspectives: Making an iMPACT” to highlight our commitment to KC patients & their families, along with ophthalmic & optometric communities.
In this series, you will hear from Neda Shamie, MD (Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute), Chris Harris (KC patient and voice of the Mississippi Braves), Clark Chang, OD (Wills Eye Hospital & Glaukos Medical Affairs), Taylor Young (National Keratoconus Foundation) and Brian Collins (parent of a child with KC and Glaukos employee).
Neda Shamie, MD
Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute
Los Angeles, CA
Clark Chang, MD
Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
& Glaukos Medical Affairs
Parent of a Child with KC & Glaukos Employee
KC Patient & Voice of the
National Keratoconus Foundation
Glaukos President & CEO
San Clemente, CA
What is World KC Day?
World Keratoconus Day is celebrated on November 10th. It is sponsored by the National Keratoconus Foundation, an educational program of the Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, UC Irvine. The day is dedicated to raising awareness about keratoconus (KC), as well as educating and advocating for those living with keratoconus.
The NKCF’s initiatives surrounding World KC Day are as follows:
- Encouraging people around the world to share their KC stories
- Educating patients, friends and family about keratoconus
- Collaborating with fellow KC organizations
Join us in bringing awareness to this sight-threatening disease.
How Can My Practice Participate?
You can help raise awareness and advocate for keratoconus by getting involved in the conversation and establishing your practice as a KC reference center for patients and referring physicians in your area. Below are some simple ways to get started:
- Post to your social media handles using the hashtags #WorldKCDay #KCConfidence #LivingWithKC
- Share a picture from a recent cross-linking procedure using the above hashtags or engage with our social posts.
- Promote a keratoconus patient story to help educate patients on the condition and FDA-approved cross-linking.
- Donate to the NKCF! Your support will help further their mission of increasing public awareness of keratoconus and offer encouragement to those living with the condition.
Follow @livingwithkc on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook
#WorldKCDay #KCConfidence #LivingWithKC
Join us and other members of the KC community to spread the word and celebrate World KC Day. Show your support of World KC Day by following @livingwithkc on Instagram, Twitter & Facebook. Share content and help drive awareness of keratoconus by tagging posts with #WorldKCDay, #KCConfidence and #LivingWithKC.